Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Magnificent God

These posts are scattered and short because my feelings don't have names yet. I have let go of the Christianity of my youth. I see now that my own spirituality is deeply personal and cannot be confined within religion. In addition to my traditional Bible and books by Christian authors I have turned to Buddhist writings, the Tao, new age writers, and pagans. What I've found is that none of them feel 'right', none of them are expansive enough to define my truth. One of my favorite quotes from my favorite book, Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert comes closer to expressing my current state than anything I can articulate on my own:

...when the question is raised, "What kind of God do you believe in?" my answer is easy: "I believe in a magnificent God."

No comments:

Post a Comment